Thursday, June 30, 2011

Yogi Teas- Stress Relief Kava Kava Tea

Mmmm~! This tea was one of my first ever favorites- and it still is! As I've mentioned in other reviews, I began getting into herbal medicines- and thus herbal teas- a few years ago. At the time I was really, really stressed out... well to tell the truth, I probably always am, even today. My family is a little too much like a soap opera some days! So I saw this on the shelf at the store and I was very, very intrigued. I took it home, made myself a nice big glass of it, sat down and enjoyed...

At the time, it was winter, and Ohio gets pretty darned cold sometimes. I'll be honest, hot chocolate will always have a place in my heart... but it will have to share that place with this tea! It's got cinnamon, which gives you a wonderfully warm feeling from the inside out, and it's naturally sweet. The scent reminds me of cookies, or just baking in general- perhaps sweet rolls or cinnamon rolls. Inhaling the rich scent that's steaming up from the cup, then taking in little sips at a time is my favorite way to drink it. Also, much to my surprise, it works! I mean it really, really works! Drinking this tea doesn't make you tired, but it really does relax you. I felt calm, cool, collected.. it was amazing. The combination of this tea and a little "you time" can do wonders for you in a busy day.

I do usually take a little sugar with my tea, and this tea goes best with honey or raw sugar. They accentuate the natural flavors of the tea and really bring them out, in my opinion. The funny thing about me liking this tea, though, is that I hate licorice! I mean, other than Twizzlers and similar things that are technically licorice but don't taste like it. I also dislike ginger- and that's in here too! But the way they're pulled off is so subtle, so sweet... It almost makes me want to give the real things another shot. Almost.

This tea is caffiene free, and the ingredients are all natural, though I don't think they are organic. Still, it's nice to see a product where I can pronounce everything on the ingredients list.
The ingredients are as follows:
Carob Pod, Indian Sarsaparilla Root, Organic Cinnamon Bark, Organic Ginger Root, Barley Malt, Kava Root Extract, Organic Cardamom Seed, Natural Hazelnut Flavor, Stevia Leaf, Natural Licorice Flavor, Natural Cinnamon Oil
See, nothing that's hard to pronounce!
Overall, I love this tea, and I always will. Maybe it's not for everyone- judging from the reviews on the site- but its definitely for me. I always keep stocked up just in case I run out, and it's the tea I drink most often and that I mess with the least- give me this tea and just a spoonful of sugar and I'll be a happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment