Friday, July 8, 2011

Madelaine Chocolates- Duets, Hazelnut Truffles, and more!

Okay, I would be lying if I said I wasn't a total chocolate fiend. No matter how bad I'm feeling, chocolate always, always makes me feel better! So when I got a big, amazingly packed box of fresh chocolates from The Madelaine Chocolate Company, I was almost giddy!...



Shipping chocolate in the summer is no easy task, but Madelaine's has it down to a science. Between the insulating, foil and bubble-wrap outer layer and the four ice packs inside, I didn't have to worry about finding a melted chocolate mess where my lovely chocolate treats would've been. In fact, when I got them inside, although the box wasn't cold anymore, the chocolates hadn't melted at all!

I received a few products to review from Madelaine's-
Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles
Mint Chocolate Truffles
Raspberry and White Chocolate Duets
and Latte Coffee Cups!

All of these items were delicious- and they were a hit with my family, too! But you know I can't just stop there- No, I want to make sure everyone is itching to get their chocolate fix by the time they're done reading this review!

The Hazelnut Truffles came packed in a clear cellophane bag, and they're wrapped in really pretty gold striped foil. They're a good bite-size piece, and the hazelnut and chocolate are in separate layers- the lighter layer is the hazelnut, and the darker one is the chocolate. Once you initially bite into them, they literally begin to melt in your mouth. Hazelnut usually plays wonderfully off of chocolate, and this time is no exception. These are definitely a favorite when I'm just looking for a nice, intense piece of chocolate.

The Mint Chocolate Truffles are really awesome- and the reason I say that is, well, mint and chocolate have been done before... a lot, but these still stand out! Most of the time, you get a mint chocolate truffle and you have like two chews and it's done, and you don't get much of a mint or chocolate flavor in your mouth- but with these, their larger size and pure intensity of flavors really makes a difference. You definitely get a strong punch of mint and chocolate, and as an added bonus, when you're done with them they leave you with minty breath rather than chocolate breath which can sometimes be off-putting. These are a real after-dinner treat, and for those people who rely on mint to settle their tummies after a big meal, my grandma said it worked well for that, too!

Mmmm, Raspberry and White Chocolate Duets. It's a little hard to describe these, because I haven't seen much else out there that's like them. Duets are this awesome little treat, comprised of two different flavored fillings inside a creamy milk chocolate shell. As you may have guessed, the flavor I chose was raspberry and white chocolate. These two play so well off of each other, it's like berries and cream, and with the added bonus of the milk chocolate? Divine! If you could somehow combine chocolate dipped berries and berries and cream, it'd be just like this- and the raspberry flavor is very sweet and intense, it doesn't get drowned out by the chocolate at all. The only problem I have with the Duets, is that I have a little mouth so it takes a couple chews to get to all the flavors- but that really isn't much of a problem at all, if you think about it!

Okay, if I was going to be on a desert island for the rest of my life, and I could only pick like three things to take with me? I don't know for sure if I'd pick these Latte Coffee Cups- but I'd strongly consider it! I'm serious, these are just that good. If you like sweet coffee-based drinks like lattes, frappes, cappuccino, etc, and you like chocolate? You will LOVE these. They are super cute, and the taste is- seriously, seriously just plain good. The outer shell is soft, creamy milk chocolate and the filling is deep, dark, amazingly chocolate-y and coffe-y at the same time! I was reluctant to share these with anyone- luckily, Madelaine gave me two sticks, so I had one to share and one to hide and keep alllll for myself!

The great thing about Madelaine Chocolates, is that if you check out their website they have offerings both for grown-ups (like the stuff I reviewed here) or for the younger crowd. Classics like chocolate coins and other foil-wrapped treats including baseballs, fruit shapes, chocolate roses, easter eggs... They really do it all!

And while I do think it'd be incredibly cool for Madelaine's to sell directly through their website, they give you plenty of resources to find a local, or online, shop to fill your chocolate stash with! Unfortunately, there's only one store close to me that sells Madelaine's chocolates- but fortunately, that shop happens to be on the way to my boyfriends house, and I go there pretty much every weekend! If you can't find a store that carries Madelaine's near you, you can find them online at places like Amazon.com!

Overall, I am so glad to have contacted The Madelaine Chocolate Company- they have a wide variety of products, and their quality is consistently outstanding! Affordable and easy to find, Madelaine's makes gourmet chocolates accessible to everyone!

Disclaimer: I received the products above for free for the purpose of providing an unbiased review. I received no other compensation and the opinions above are purely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment